Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Kitchen - Before

Here is a tip for those of you thinking about fixing a leaky sink with duct tape...Don't!  I wish someone had given that tip to the previous occupants of our house.  When we walked through after the renters left the kitchen looked like this:









Kitchens and baths are notoriously expensive to remodel.  We were hoping that the kitchen would be functional enough that a major reno could wait a while.  Alas, it was not to be.  Soon the kitchen would look like this:




Look, a picture taken during the remodel process.  Enjoy it; it may be the only one I can find.
 
How about that surface mold...lovely!  Check out the light fixture in the shot below... We live in the south, so I completely understand having ceiling fans in the house.  In fact we still have several of them, but I didn't understand having one here.  Also below, our original color choice for this room.  Okay, I'm kidding.  That color choice can't be attributed to the renters either.  Prior to my parents buying the house the entire kitchen (including cabinets) was that color.  I actually don't hate the color.  I think it could look great on the right piece of furniture!



We did a lot in this room.  It was another room that had to have a new subfloor.  It always fun to gaze into your kitchen and see into the crawlspace beneath the house.


No comments:

Post a Comment